Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Afghan is Here!!!!

I took a vacation from both jobs on the first week of March, locked myself in the guestroom, and preceded to knit a border for the afghan. Once that was done, I then had to graft all 21 pieces together to come up with the finished product. All I can say is that "I am glad it is over!"

It was a lot of work, but well worth the effort!
The afghan is now being displayed at the local yarn store City Knitting (http://www.city-knitting.com/). So, stop by, and have a look-see if you can.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

It is beautiful, I wish it would of worked out that I could of attended... Did anyone else finish? What yarn did you end up using again. I know you posted that somewhere previously.

Edward said...

Hi Rowen
It is Ed, we met a City Knitting for the spinning class a few years ago.
I just came across your blog. I love the afghan squares and you sweater you designed.
Also seen you were working on the Master Knitter program, is this the one from TKGA? I joined this year and actually started the Basic class first to get a feeling for how the Masters level one worked.
Are you still spinning? I have not been spinning much, have bought a ton of fiber and yarn this year because I will be starting semi-early retirement this July and have tried to buy as much as I could while I was still working full time.
Have not been to City Knitting in a while, their hours and mine don't always coincide with one another.
Am adding you to my friends in Ravelry, hope to hear back from you.
Take care